Back by popular demand, we are happy to announce our next Cake Decorating Basics Weekend extravaganza!
**Please note that this class is officially full. Please sign up for our newsletter to be one of the first to know about the next one!***
The $100 class fee gets you a decorating kit, cake turntable, student book with recipes, and 6 hours of small group training with Kathy, our cake decorating guru. No homework, no baking, just come to the shop in the afternoons and learn the basics (and tricks) of buttercream!
Here’s what to expect:
- Saturday and Sunday. March 29th-30th 1:00pm-4:30pm both days (including a 30 minute break)
- Kathy will bring cupcakes, cakes and icing for you to use.
- All you need to bring is an apron (or clothing you don’t mind getting a little icing on) and a container to bring home your artwork.
You’ll learn how to:
- Make icing the right consistency to decorate
- Fill and use a decorating bag
- Ice and decorate cupcakes
- Pipe lines, letters and shapes
- Make simple borders , letters, and shapes on your cake
- Make 5 different buttercream flowers including the ribbon rose
- Transfer images to a cake to decorate
- And more exciting skills and techniques!
Register in store early, this class tends to fill up!